Special Educational Needs
Securing the right schooling, education and support for your child can be a hard task. Your child may have learning difficulties or it may be their physical disabilities that are holding them back within the school or learning environment. With the right support in place, your child will find it easier to reach their full potential but the process of obtaining the correct provision can be challenging.
Your child may require an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) to ensure they get the right support to reach their goals. An EHCP includes the educational support your child needs and the school or college they should attend. We understand how important it is for your child to get the appropriate support and to attend the school that is best for them both now and in the future to enable their development. We can provide support for children and young people aged 0-25, from early days and pre-school to assisting with further education, health and social care, or helping to facilitate future employment.
Our team specialise in supporting families through the EHCP process. We can:
- Request an EHCP or assessment for you
- Get expert assessments and evidence to inform an EHCP
- Review the contents of your child’s EHCP and request amendments to ensure you get the best for your child
- Request a placement at your preferred school or schools
- Support or represent you at meetings with the local authority, school and experts
- Lead your EHCP appeal.
If there is a compensation claim, then funding for the right school placement and provision can be claimed from the Defendant. Alternatively, the costs of pursuing an appeal to the local authority can be sought.